1. A 2MB PCM(pulse code modulation) has
a) 32 channels
b) 30 voice channels & 1 signalling channel.
c) 31 voice channels & 1 signalling channel.
d) 32 channels out of which 30 voice channels, 1 signalling channel, & 1
2. Time taken for 1 satellite hop in voice communication is
a) 1/2 second
b) 1 seconds
c) 4 seconds
d) 2 seconds
3. Max number of satellite hops allowed in voice communication is :
a) only one
b) more han one
c) two hops
d) four hops
4. What is the max. decimal number that can be accomodated in a byte.
5. Conditional results after execution of an instruction in a micro processor is
c) flag register
d) flag register part of PSW(Program Status Word)
6. Frequency at which VOICE is sampled is
a) 4 Khz
b) 8 Khz
c) 16 Khz
d) 64 Khz
7. Line of Sight is
a) Straight Line
c) Tx & Rx should be visible to each other
8. Purpose of PC(Program Counter) in a MicroProcessor is
a) To store address of TOS(Top Of Stack)
b) To store address of next instruction to be executed.
c) count the number of instructions.
d) to store base address of the stack.
9. What action is taken when the processor under execution is interrupted by a
a) Processor serves the interrupt request after completing the execution of the
b) Processor serves the interupt request after completing the current task.
c) Processor serves the interupt request immediately.
d) Processor serving the interrupt request depends upon the priority of the
current task under execution.
10. The status of the Kernel is
c) not defined.
d) none of the above.
11. To send a data packet using datagram , connection will be established
a) before data transmission.
b) connection is not established before data transmission.
c) no connection is required.
d) none of the above.
12. Word allignment is
a) alligning the address to the next word boundary of the machine.
b) alligning to even boundary.
c) alligning to word boundary.
d) none of the above.
13 When a 'C' function call is made, the order in which parameters passed to the
function are pushed into the stack is
a) left to right
b) right to left
c) bigger variables are moved first than the smaller variales.
d) smaller variables are moved first than the bigger ones.
e) none of the above.
14 What is the type of signalling used between two exchanges?
b) common channel signalling
c) any of the above
d) none of the above.
15 Buffering is
a) the process of temporarily storing the data to allow for small variation in
b) a method to reduce cross talks
c) storage of data within transmitting medium until the receiver is ready to
d) a method to reduce routing overhead.
16. Memory allocation of variables declared in a program is
a) allocated in RAM.
b) allocated in
c) allocated on stack.
d) assigned to registers.
17. A software that allows a personal computer to pretend as a computer
a) terminal adapter
b) bulletin board
d) terminal emulation
18. Find the output of the following program
19. Which addressing mode is used in the following statements:
(a) MVI B,55
(b) MOV B,A
(c) MOV M,A
Ans. (a) Immediate addressing mode.
(b) Register Addressing Mode
(c) Direct addressing mode
standard is used in _____________.
Ans. Serial I/O
21. Memory. Management in Operating Systems is done by
a) Memory Management Unit
b) Memory management software of the Operating System
22. What is done for a Push opertion?
Ans: SP is decremented and then the value is stored.
23. Binary equivalent of 52
24. Hexadecimal equivalent of 3452
25. Explain Just In Time Concept ?
Ans. Elimination of waste by purchasing manufacturing exactly when needed
26. A good way of unit testing s/w program is
Ans. User test
27. OOT uses
Ans. Encapsulated of detect methods
28.EDI useful in
Ans. Electronic Transmission
29. MRPII different from MRP
Ans. Modular version of man redundant initials
30. Hard disk time for R/W head to move to correct sector
Ans. Latency Time
31. The percentage of times a page number bound in associate register is called
Ans. Bit ratio
32. Expand MODEM
Ans. Modulator and Demodulator
33. RDBMS file system can be defined as
34. Super Key is
Ans. Primary key and Attribute
35. Windows 95 supports
(b) n tasks
36.In the command scanf, h is used for
Ans. Short int
37.A process is defined as
Ans. Program in execution
38.A thread is
Ans. Detachable unit of executable code)
39.What is the advantage of Win NT over Win 95
Ans. Robust and secure
40.How is memory management done in Win95
Ans. Through paging and segmentation
41.What is meant by polymorphism
Ans. Redfinition of a base class method in a derived class
42.What is the essential feature of inheritance
Ans. All properties of existing class are derived
43.What does the protocol FTP do
Ans. Transfer a file b/w stations with user authentification
44.In the transport layer ,TCP is what type of protocol
Ans. Connection oriented
45.Why is a gateway used
Ans. To connect incompatible networks
46.How is linked list implemented
Ans. By referential structures
47.What method is used in Win95 in multitasking
Ans. Non preemptive check
48.What is a semaphore
Ans. A method synchronization of multiple processes
49.What is the precedence order from high to low ,of the symbols ( ) ++ /
Ans.( ) , ++, /
50.Preorder of A*(B+C)/DG
51.What is the efficiency of merge sort
Ans. O(n log n)
52.In which layer are routers used
Ans.In network layer
53.Which of the following sorting algorithem has average sorting behavior Bubble
sort,merge sort,heap sort,exchange sort
Ans. Heap sort
54.In binary search tree which traversal is used for getting ascending order
55.What are device drivers used for
Ans.To provide software for enabling the hardware
56.What is fork command in unix
Ans. System call used to create process
57.What is make command in unix
Ans. Used forcreation of more than one file
58.In unix .profile contains
Ans. Start up program
59.In unix 'ls 'stores contents in
60. Which of the following involves context switch,
(a) system call
(b) priviliged instruction
(c) floating poitnt exception
(d) all the above
(e) none of the above
61. In OST, terminal emulation is done in
(a) sessions layer
(b) application layer
(c) presentation layer
(d) transport layer
62. For 1 MB memory, the number of address lines required,
63. Semaphore is used for
64. Which holds true for the following statement
class c: public A, public B
a) 2 member in class A, B should not have same name
b) 2 member in class A, C should not have same name
65.Preproconia.. does not do which one of the following
(b) conditional compliclation
(c) in type checking
(d) including load file
66. Piggy backing is a technique for
a) Flow control
67. Which is not a memory management scheme?
a) buddy system
Ans : c
68. There was a circuit given using three nand gates with two inputs and one output.
Find the output.
69.Iintegrated check value(ICV) are used as:
Ans. The client computes the ICV and then compares it with the senders value.
70. When applets are downloaded from web sites , a byte verifier performs _________?
Ans. Status check.
71. An IP/IPX packet received by a computer using... having IP/IPX both how the packet is handled.
Ans. Read the, field in the packet header with to send IP or IPX protocol.
72. The UNIX shell ....
a) does not come with the rest of the system
b) forms the interface between the user and the kernal
c) does not give any scope for programming
d) deos not allow calling one program from with in another
e) all of the above
73. In UNIX a files inode
Ans. Is a data structure that defines all specifications of a file like the file size,
number of lines to a file, permissions etc.
74. The very first process created by the kernal that runs till the kernal process is
c) both (a) and (b)
d) none of these
75. In the process table entry for the kernel process, the process id value is
(e) it does not have a process table entry
76. Which of the following API is used to hide a window
e) None of the above
77. Which function is the entry point for a DLL in MS Windows 3.1
78. The standard source for standard input, standard output and standard error is
a) the terminal
c) /usr/you/input, /usr/you/output/, /usr/you/error respectively
79. The redirection operators > and >>
a) do the same function
b) differ : > overwrites, while >> appends
c) differ : > is used for input while >> is used for output
d) differ : > write to any file while >> write only to standard output
e) None of these
80. The command grep first second third /usr/you/myfile
a) prints lines containing the words first, second or third from the file
b) searches for lines containing the pattern first in the files
second, third, and /usr/you/myfile and prints them
c) searches the files /usr/you/myfiel and third for lines containing the words first
or second and prints them
d) replaces the word first with the word second in the files third and
e) None of the above
81. You are creating a Index on EMPNO column in the EMPLOYEE table. Which
statement will you use?
a) CREATE INdEX emp_empno_idx ON employee, empno;
b) CREATE INdEX emp_empno_idx FOR employee, empno;
c) CREATE INdEX emp_empno_idx ON employee(empno);
d) CREATE emp_empno_idx
82. Which program construct must return a value?
c) Anonymous block
d) Stored Procedure
e) Application Procedure
83. Which Statement would you use to remove the EMPLOYEE_Id_PK PRIMARY
KEY constraint and all depending constraints fromthe EMPLOYEE table?
a) ALTER TABLE employee dROP PRIMARY KEY CASCAdE;
b) ALTER TABLE employee dELETE PRIMARY KEY CASCAdE;
c) MOdIFY TABLE employee dROP CONSTRAINT employee_id_pk CASCAdE;
d) ALTER TABLE employee dROP PRIMARY KEY employee_id_pk CASCAdE;
e) MOdIFY TABLE employee dELETE PRIMARY KEY employee_id_pk CASCAdE;
84. Which three commands cause a transaction to end? (Chosse three)
Ans. a ,b ,f
85. Under which circumstance should you create an index on a table?
a) The table is small.
b) The table is updated frequently.
c) A columns values are static and contain a narrow range of values
d) Two columns are consistently used in the WHERE clause join condition of
86. What was the first name given to Java Programming Language.
a) Oak Java
b) Small Talk
87.When a bicycle is in motion,the force of friction exerted by the ground on the two
wheels is such that it acts
(a) In the backward direction on the front wheel and in the forward direction on the
(b) In the forward direction on the front wheel and in the backward direction on the
(c) In the backward direction on both the front and rear wheels.
(d) In the backward direction on both the front and rear wheels.
88. A certain radioactive element A, has a half life = t seconds.
In (t/2) seconds the fraction of the initial quantity of the element so far decayed is
89. Which of the following plots would be a straight line ?
(a) Logarithm of decay rate against logarithm of time
(b) Logarithm of decay rate against logarithm of number of decaying nuclei
(c) Decay rate against time
(d) Number of decaying nuclei against time
90. A radioactive element x has an atomic number of 100.
It decays directly into an element y which decays directly into element z.
In both processes a charged particle is emitted.
Which of the following statements would be true?
(a) y has an atomic number of 102
(b) y has an atomic number of 101
(c) z has an atomic number of 100
(d) z has an atomic number of 101
91. If the sum of the roots of the equation ax 2 + bx + c=0 is equal to the sum of the
squares of their reciprocals
then a/c, b/a, c/b are in
(d) None of these
92. A man speaks the truth 3 out of 4 times.
He throws a die and reports it to be a 6.
What is the probability of it being a 6?
(d) None of the above
93. If cos 2 A + cos 2 B + cos 2 C = 1 then ABC is a
(a) Right angle triangle
(b) Equilateral triangle
(c) All the angles are acute
(d) None of these
94. Image of point (3,8) in the line x + 3y = 7 is
95. The mass number of a nucleus is
(a) Always less than its atomic number
(b) Always more than its atomic number
(c) Sometimes more than and sometimes equal to its atomic number
(d) None of the above
96. The maximum KE of the photoelectron emitted from a surface is dependent on
(a) The intensity of incident radiation
(b) The potential of the collector electrode
(c) The frequency of incident radiation
(d) The angle of incidence of radiation of the surface
97. Which of the following is not an essential condition for interference
(a) The two interfering waves must be propagated in almost the same direction or
the two interfering waves must intersect at a very small angle
(b) The waves must have the same time period and wavelength
(c) Amplitude of the two waves should be the same
(d) The interfering beams of light must originate from the same source
98. When XRay
photons collide with electrons
(a) They slow down
(b) Their mass increases
(c) Their wave length increases
(d) Their energy decreases
99. An electron emits energy
(a) Because its in orbit
(b) When it jumps from one energy level to another
(c) Electrons are attracted towards the nucleus
(d) The electrostatic force is insufficient to hold the electrons in orbits
100. How many bonds are present in CO2 molecule?