HR Questions (Most commonly asked Interview Questions)
1. Tell me about you!
Keep your answer to one or two minutes; don't ramble. Stick to what you've
written in your resume summary. To answer this question well, you'll need
to start with a solid and concise resume summary.
2. What do you know about our company?
Do your homework before the interview! Spend some time online or at the
library researching the company. Find out as much as you can, including
products, size, income, reputation, image, management talent, people,
skills, history and philosophy. Project an informed interest; let the
interviewer tell you about the company.
3. Why do you want to work for us?
Don't talk about what you want; first, talk about their needs: You would like
to be part of a specific company project; you would like to solve a company
problem; you can make a definite contribution to specific company goals.
4. What would you do for us?
What they really want to know is... What can you do for us that someone
else can't? Relate past experiences that show you've had success in
solving previous employer problem(s) that may be similar to those of the
prospective employer. Make sure you have a strongly worded Employment
History section in your resume, that you can refer to.
5. What about the job offered do you find the most attractive? Least
List three or more attractive factors and only one minor unattractive factor.
6. Why should we hire you?
Because of your knowledge, experience, abilities and skills.
7. What do you look for in a job?
An opportunity to use your skills, to perform and be recognized.
8. Please give me your definition of a.... (the position for which you are
Keep it brief -- give an action- and results-oriented definition.
9. How long would it take you to make a meaningful contribution to our
Not long at all -- you expect only a brief period of adjustment to the
10. How long would you stay with us?
As long as we both feel I'm contributing, achieving, growing, etc.
1. What made you apply for this position?
2. How did you hear about this job opening?
3. Briefly, would you summarize your work history & education for me?
1. What special aspects of your work experience have prepared you for
2. Can you describe for me one or two of your most important
3. How much supervision have you typically received in your previous
4. Describe for me one or two of the biggest disappointments in your
5. Why are you leaving your present job? (or, Why did you leave your
6. What is important to you in a company? What things do you look for
in an organization?
1. Everyone has strengths & weaknesses as workers. What are your
strong points for this job?
2. What would you say are areas needing improvement?
3. How did your supervisor on your most recent job evaluate your job
performance? What were some of the good points & bad points of
4. When you have been told , or discovered for yourself , a problem in
your job performance, what have you typically done? Can you give
me an example?
5. Do you prefer working alone or in groups?
6. What kind of people do you find it most difficult to work with? Why?
7. Starting with your last job, tell me about any of your achievements
that were recognized by your superiors.
8. Can you give me an example of your ability to manage or supervise
9. What are some things you would like to avoid in a job? Why?
10. In your previous job what kind of pressures did you encounter?
11. What would you say is the most important thing you are looking for
in a job?
12. What are some of the things on your job you feel you have done
particularly well or in which you have achieved the greatest
success? Why do you feel this way?
13. What were some of the things about your last job that you found
most difficult to do?
14. What are some of the problems you encounter in doing your job?
Which one frustrates you the most? What do you usually do about
15. What are some things you particularly liked about your last job?
16. Do you consider your progress on the job representative of your
17. How do you feel about the way you & others in the department were
managed by your supervisor?
18. If I were to ask your present (most recent) employer about your
ability as a____________________, what would he/she say?
1. What special aspects of your education or training have prepared
you for this job?
2. What courses in school have been of most help in doing your job?
1. What is your long-term employment or career objective?
2. What kind of job do you see yourself holding five years from now?
3. What do you feel you need to develop in terms of skill & knowledge
in order to be ready for that opportunity?
4. Why might you be successful in such a job?
5. How does this job fit in with your overall career goals?
6. Who or what in your life would you say influenced you most with
your career objectives?
7. Can you pinpoint any specific things in your past experience that
affected your present career objectives?
8. What would you most like to accomplish if you had this job?
9. What might make you leave this job?
1. What kind of things do you feel most confident in doing?
2. Can you describe for me a difficult obstacle you have had to
overcome? How did you handle it? How do you feel this experience
affected your personality or ability?
3. How would you describe yourself as a person?
4. What do you think are the most important characteristics & abilities a
person must possess to become a successful ( )? How do you rate
yourself in these areas?
5. Do you consider yourself a self-starter? If so, explain why ( and give
6. What do you consider to be your greatest achievements to date?
7. What things give you the greatest satisfaction at work?
8. What things frustrate you the most? How do you usually cope with
1. In your work experience, what have you done that you consider truly
2. Can you think of a problem you have encountered when the old
solutions didn't work & when you came up with new solutions?
3. Of your creative accomplishments big or small , at work or home,
what gave you the most satisfaction?
4. What kind of problems have people recently called on you to solve?
Tell me what you have devised.
1. Do you consider yourself to be thoughtful, analytical or do you
usually make up your mind fast? Give an example. (Watch time taken
2. What was your most difficult decision in the last six months? What
made it difficult?
3. The last time you did not know what decision to make, what did you
4. How do you go about making an important decision affecting your
5. What was the last major problem that you were confronted with?
What action did you take on it?
RANGE OF INTERESTS
1. What organizations do you belong to?
2. Tell me specifically what you do in the civic activities in which you
participate. (Leading questions in selected areas. i.e. sports,
economics, current events, finance.)
3. How do you keep up with what's going on in your company / your
industry/ your profession?
1. What is your professional goal?
2. Can you give me examples of experience on the job that you felt
3. Do you have a long & short-term plan for your department? Is it
4. Did you achieve it last year?
5. Describe how you determine what constitutes top priorities in the
performance of your job.
1. What are your standards of success in your job?
2. In your position, how would you define doing a good job? On what
basis was your definition determined?
3. When judging the performance of your subordinate, what factors or
characteristics are most important to you?
1. In your present job what approach do you take to get your people
together to establish a common approach to a problem?
2. What approach do you take in getting your people to accept your
ideas or department goals?
3. What specifically do you do to set an example for your employees?
4. How frequently do you meet with your immediate subordinates as a
5. What sort of leader do your people feel you are? Are you satisfied?
6. How do you get people who do not want to work together to
establish a common approach to a problem?
7. If you do not have much time & they hold seriously differing views,
what would be your approach?
8. How would you describe your basic leadership style? Give specific
examples of how you practice this?
9. Do you feel you work more effectively on a one to one basis or in a
10. Have you ever led a task force or committee or any group who
doesn't report to you, but from whom you have to get work? How did
you do it? What were the satisfactions & disappointments? How
would you handle the job differently?
ORAL PRESENTATION SKILLS
1. Have you ever done any public or group speaking? Recently? Why?
How did it go?
2. Have you made any individual presentations recently? How did you
WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS
1. Would you rather write a report or give a verbal report? Why?
2. What kind of writing have you done? For a group? For an individual?
3. What is the extent of your participation in major reports that have to
1. What was the most important idea or suggestion you received
recently from your employees? What happened as a result?
2. What do you think about the continuous changes in company
operating policies & procedures?
3. How effective has your company been in adapting its policies to fit a
4. What was the most significant change made in your company in the
last six months which directly affected you, & how successfully do
you think you implemented this change?
1. Do you feel pressure in your job? Tell me about it.
2. What has been the highest pressure situation you have been under
in recent years? How did you cope with it?
STABILITY & MATURITY
1. Describe your most significant success & failure in the last two
2. What do you like to do best?
3. What do you like to do least?
4. What in your last review did your supervisor suggest needed
5. What have you done about it?
INTEREST IN SELF DEVELOPMENT
1. What has been the most important person or event in your own self
2. How much of your education did you earn?
3. What kind of books & other publications do you read?
4. Have you taken a management development course?
5. How are you helping your subordinates develop themselves?
1. What is workadround ?
2. What is a show stopper?
3. What is Traceability Matrix? Who prepares this document?
4. What is testlog document in testing process?
5. What is the Entry And Exit Criteria of a test plan? 2.How to Automate
your test plan?
6. What is the role of QA in a company that produces software?
7. What is terminologe? Why testing necessary? Fundamental test process
psychology of testing
8. What are the common bugs encountered while testing an application
manually or using test?
9. What are the bug and testing metrics?
10. For a bug with high severity can we give the priority also to be high...If
so why we need both?
11. How would you differentiaite between Bug, Defect, Failure, Error.
12. What is the difference between Client Server Testing and Web Testing?
13. What is backward compatibility testing ?
14. What certifications are available in testing?
15. What is release candidate?
16. What do you think the role of test-group manager should be?
17. What is a test data? Give examples
18. What is the difference between QA, QC and testing?
19. What is seviarity & priority? What is test format? Test procedure?
20. What are the different is manual database checking types?
1. What is the difference between testing in client-server applications and
web based applications?
2. Without using GUI map editor, Can we recognise the application in
3. What command is used to launch a application in Winrunner?
4. What is the difference in testing a CLIENT-SERVER application and a
WEB application ?
6. What bugs are mainly come in Web Testing? What severity and priority
we are giving?
WHITE BOX TESTING
1. What are the table contents in test plans and test cases?
2. What are the tables in test plans and test cases?
1. What is Wireless Testing? How do we do it? What are the concepts a test
engineer should have knowledge of? How do you classify testing of
1. How will you prepare test cases?
2. Write the testcases on ATM Transactions?
3. What is meant by Hot Keys?
4. How is test case written?
5. How can we write a good test case?
6. How will you check that your test cases covered all the requirements
7. For a triangle (sum of two sides is greater than or equal to the third side),
what is the minimal number of test cases required.
1. Difference between WEBINSPECT-QAINSPECT and WINRUNNER/TEST
2. How will you generate the defect ID in test director? Is it generated
automatically or not?
3. Difference between TD 8.0 (Test director) and QC 8.0 (Quality Center).
4. How do you ensure that there are no duplication of bugs in Test
5. Difference between WinRunner and Test Director?
6. How will you integrated your automated scripts from TestDirector?
7. What is the use of Test Director software?
1. How to find out the length of the edit box through WinRunner?
2. Is it compulsary that a tester should study a Design Document for writing
integration and system test casses
3. What is Testing Scenario? What is scenario based testing? Can you
explain with an example?
4. Lets say we have an GUI map and scripts, and we got some 5 new pages
included in an application, How do we do that?
5. How do you complete the testing when you have a time constraint?
6. Given an yahoo application how many test cases u can write?
7. GUI contains 2 fields. Field 1 to accept the value of x and Field 2 displays
the result of the formula a+b/c-d where a=0.4*x, b=1.5*a, c=x, d=2.5*b; How
many system test cases would you write
8. How do you know that all the scenarios for testing are covered?
1. Give me an example where you have customized an automated test
2. What steps have you followed while automating?
.......a) Running the test manually and ensuring a "pass".
3. Can you automate Context-sensitive help? If so, how do you that?
4. What are the major differences between Stress testing, Load testing,
5. What is the difference between quality assurance and testing?
6. What are the main attributes of test automation?
7. What is data - driven automation?
8. What is 'configuration management'?
9. What is memory leaks and buffer overflows?
10. Why does software have bugs?
11. How do you do usability testing, security testing, installation testing,
ADHOC, safety and smoke testing?
12. Describe some problem that you had with automating testing tool.
13. How do we test for severe memory leakages?
14. What are the problems encountered during the testing the application
compatibility on different browsers and on different operating systems
15. How will you evaluate the fields in the application under test using
16. How did you use automating testing tools in your job?
17. What skills needed to be a good test automator?
18. Can the activities of test case design be automated?
19. What types of scripting techniques for test automation do you know?
.What are scripting techniques? Could you describe the 5 techniques
20. What tools are available for support of testing during software
development life cycle?
1. What is the diffrence between Regression testing and Retesting?
2. What are the errors encountered while testing an application manually or
using automated tool like Testdirector, Winrunner?
3. What is Inspection, Review?
4. What is the actual different between re-testing and regressiontesting.
5. Explain Test Strategy
6. What is Tracebility Matrix ?
7. What are the major diff. between the Winrunner 6.0 and 7.0 (with internal
8. What test you perform mostly? Regression or retesting in your testing
9. What did you do as a team leader?
10. How do we know about the build we are going to test? where do you
11. What is system testing and what are the different types of tests you
perform in system testing?
12. What is the difference between Return and treturn?
13. How do you test a weblink which is changing dynamically?
14. What are the flaws in water fall model and how to overcome it?
15. What is defect leakage?
16. Did you ever have to deal with someone who doesn't believe in testing?
What did u do?
17. How will you write test cases for a code currently under development?
18. Describe the last project scenario and generate test cases for it?
19. If there are a lot of bugs to be fixed, which one would you resolve first
20. How will you test a stapler?
1. If the actual result doesn't match with expected result in this situation
what should we do?
2. What is the importance of requirements traceability in a product testing?
3. When is the best time for system testing?
4. What is use case? What is the diffrence between test cases and use
5. What is the difference between the test case and a test script
6. Describe to the basic elements you put in a defect report?
7. How do you test if you have minimal or no documentation about the
8. How do you decide when you have tested enough?
9. How do you determine what to test?
10. In general, how do you see automation fitting into the overall process of
11. How do you deal with environments that are hostile to quality change
12. Describe to me the Software Development Life Cycle as you would
13. Describe to me when you would consider employing a failure mode and
14. What is the role of QA in a company that produces software?
15. How do you scope, organize, and execute a test project?
16. How can you test the white page
17. What is the role of QA in a project developement?
18. How you used whitebox and block box technologies in your
19. 1) What are the demerits of winrunner?2) We write the test data after
what are the principles to do testing an application?
20. What is the job of Quality Assurance Engineer? Difference between the
Testing & Quality Assurance job.
WINRUNNER INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
1.. How to recognise the objects during runtime in new build version (test
suite) comparing with old guimap?
2. wait(20) - What is the minimum and maximum time the above mentioned
synchronization statements will wait given that the global default timeout is
set to 15 seconds.
3. Where in the user-defined function library should a new error code be
4. In a modular test tree, each test will receive the values for the parameters
passed from the main test. These parameters are defined in the Test
properties dialog box of each test.Refering to the above, in which one of
the following files are changes made in the test properties dialog saved?
5. What is the scripting process in Winrunner?
6. How many scripts can we generate for one project?
7. What is the command in Winrunner to invoke IE Browser? And once I
open the IE browser is there a unique way to identify that browser?
8. How do you load default comments into your new script like IDE's?
9. What is the new feature add in QTP 8.0 compare in QTP 6.0
10. When will you go to automation?
11. How to test the stored procedure?
12. How to recognise the objects during runtime in new build version (test
suite) comparing with old guimap
13. what is use of GUI files in winrunner.
14. Without using the datadriven test, how can we test the application with
different set of inputs?
15. How do you load compiled module inside a comiled module?
16. Can you tell me the bug life cycle
17. How to find the length of the edit box through WinRunner?
18. What is file type of WinRunner test files, its extension?
19. What is candidate release?
20. What type of variables can be used with in the TSL function?
1. In which directory are the .sbl files stored?
2. What SQABasic commands have you used?
3. Difference between SQAgetpropertyArray and SQAGetPropertyAsString?
4. What do .sbl and .sbh represent?
5. Is there any Load testing tool called Rational Site Load tool?
6. What is the difference between rational robot and QTP or Winrunner?
Which is more ueful of the three?
7. What is the difference between Rational Robot (Rational Functional
Tester) and IBM functional tester? which is better?
1. How can I add an action (external action) programmatically?
2. How can I call an external action, which is not added external action of
3. What is meant by Source Control?
4. How and what kind of VB functions do u use in QTP?
5. How can u describe the basic flow of automation with conditional and
6. How can I implement error handling in QTP,
7. How to recall a function in QTP
8. Give one example where you have used Regular Expression?
9. How can I implement error handling in QTP?
10. How to select particular value from the combo box in the current page
which is entered in the previous page edit box after parameterization?
11. If you have the same application screen with 7 drop down boxes and
approximately 70 values how do you test with QTP?
12. When there is a task that gets repeated in multiple scripts, what do you
do in QTP?
13. What is the descriptive programming?
14. What is the use of descriptive programming?
15. How to instruct QTP to display errors and other description in the test
results instead of halting execution by throwing error in the mid of
execution due to an error (for example Object not found)?
16. How you write scripts in QTP? What's the main process in QTP? How
do you run scripts in QTP? Please anyone can answer my questions.......
17. What is descriptive programming?
18. How to add run-time parameter to a datasheet?
19. How to load the *.vbs or test generating script in a new machine?
20. How can you write a script without using a GUI in QTP?
1. What is load testing? Can we test J2ME application with load runner ?
What is Performance testing?
2. Which protocol has to be selected for record/playback Oracle 9i
3. What are the enhancements which have been included in loadrunner 8.0
when compared to loadrunner 6.2?
4. Can we use Load Runner for testing desktop applications or non web
based applications and how do we use it.?
5. How to call winrunner script in Loadrunner?
6. What arr the types of parameterisation in load runner? List the step to do
7. What are the steps for doing load and performance testing using Load
8. What is concurrent load and corollation? What is the process of load
9. What is planning for the test?
10. What enables the controller and the host to communicate with each
other in Load Runner?
11. Where is Load testing usually done?
12. What are the only means of measuring performance?
13. Testing requirement and design are not part of what?
14. According to Market analysis 70% of performance problem lies with
15. What is the level of system loading expected to occur during specific
16. What is run-time-setting.
17. When load runner is used .
18. What protocols does LoadRunner support?
19. What do you mean by creating vuser script.?
20. What is rendezvous point?
1. What are the uses of load testing ? What is defered graphs? What are the
different components in loadrunner?
2. How you analyze graphics in loadrunner? How do you work bug log?
3. How can data caching have a negative effect on load testing results?
4. What criteria would you use to select Web transactions for load testing?
5. For what purpose are virtual users created?
6. What is the difference between Load testing and Performace Testing?
7. Why do you need to parameterize fields in your virtual user script?
8. What are the reasons why parameterization is necessary when load
testing the Web server and the database server?
9. Why it is recommended to add verification checks to your all your
10. Load Testing - What should be analyzed.
11. In what situation would you want to parameterize a text verification
12. What usually indicates that your virtual user script has dynamic data
that is dependent on you parameterized fields?
13. What are the benefits of creating multiple actions within any virtual user
1. What SQL statements have you used in Database Testing?
2. How to test data loading in Database testing
3. What is way of writing testcases for database testing?
4. What is Database testing?
5. What we normally check for in the Database Testing?
6. How to Test database Manually? Explain with an example
COMMON INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
1. What Technical Environments have you worked with?
2. Have you ever converted Test Scenarios into Test Cases?
3. What is the ONE key element of 'test case'?
4. What is the ONE key element of a Test Plan?
5. What is SQA testing? tell us steps of SQA testing
6. How do you promote the concept of phase containment and defect
7. Which Methodology you follow in your Testcase?
8. Specify the tools used by MNC companies
9. What are the test cases prepared by the testing team
10. During the start of the project how will the company come to an
conclusion that tool is required for testing or not?
11. Define Bug Life Cycle? What is Metrics
12. What is a Test procedure?
13. What is the difference between SYSTEM TESTING and END-TO-END
14. What is Traceability Matrix? Is there any interchangeable term for
Traceability Matrix ?Are Traceability Matrix and Test Matrix same or
15. What is the differance between an exception and an error?
16. Correct bug tracking process - Reporting, Re-testing, Debigging, .....?
17. What is the difference between bug and defect?
18. How much time is/should be alloated for Testing out of total
Development time based on industry standards?
19. What are test bugs?
20. Define Quality - bug free, Functionality working or both?
1. If you have an application, but you do not have any requiremnts
available, then how would you perform the testing?
2. How can you know if a test case is necessary?
3. What is peer review in practical terms?
4. How do you know when you have enough test cases to adequately test a
software system or module?
5. Who approved your test cases?
6. What will you when you find a bug?
7. What test plans have you written?
8. What is QA? What is Testing? Are they both same or different?
9. How to write Negative Testcase? Give ex.
10. In an application currently in production, one module of code is being
modified. Is it necessary to re-test the whole application or is it enough to
just test functionality associated with that module?
11. What is included in test strategy? What is overall process of testing
step by step and what are various documnets used testing during process?
12. What is the most challenging situation you had during testing
13. What are you going to do if there is no Functional Spec or any
documents related to the system and developer who wrote the code does
not work in the company anymore, but you have system and need to test?
14. What is the major problem did you resolve during testing process
15. What are the types of functional testing?
16. 1. How will you write integration test cases 2. How will you track bugs
from winrunner. 3.How will you customise the bugs as pass/fail. 4. You find
a bug How will you repair 5. In testcases you have bug or not. 6. What is
use case ? what does it contains.
17. What is the difference between smoke testing and sanity testing
18. What is Random Testing?
19. What is smoke testing?
20. What is stage containment in testing?
1. What is the difference between a Bug and a Defect?
2. How to post a BUG
3. How do we track a bug?plz send format of excel sheet in which we write
the bug details? How do we give the severithy and priority to the bugs?
4. What are the different types of Bugs we normally see in any of the
Project? Include the severity as well.
5. Top Ten Tips for Bug Tracking
DB2 INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
1. Can you display the index?
2. At what stage db2 must be up?
3. When do you use subroutines?
4. Initial position of cursor of the exucuton of open statements?
5. What is the index ,types of index ?
6. How many clustering indexes are pasing for a table?
7. When u will use curser with hold option?
8. File opening modes in cobol and corresponding dispositions?
9. What will happened .if the file is open in extend mode and
corresponding is equal to old in jcl?
10. How to know other person job status?
11. What will happened ,if the subprogram is called second time?
12. Can u see s9(4)comp3 data?
13. Commenly facing errors?
14. What is low values and high values?
15. How to enter in xpediter?
16. A dataset contains 1000 records ,I want to brouse particular record in
17. There are two programs say A&B,A is only cobol program,B iscoboldb2
program, how to compile both programs?
18. How to pass return codes from Cobol to jcl?
19. In my jcl ,the 1st step is delete step, if the data set is existing, I want to
delete, that one ,if dataset is no existing, I do not want abend the job, how
can I code in disp?
20. What is diff b/w check pending and copy pending?
21. How to Repair the table?
22. How to see the status of the table?
23. How to load data to a table?
24. What is diff b/w QMF & Spoofi?
25. I have update Row in table using spoofi.how Revert that update Row it
means original position?
26. Quick Respendse and REspondce time in file-aid?
27. File contains 5 records say D,E,F,C,A-I want to copy D and A records
only by using file-aid?
28. What is severity one error in production support?
29. How to increase table space in db2?
30. What is the indexset and sequence set in vsam ksds?
31. How to read last record in vsam file.,I don't know how many records
32. I have 1000 records in vsam,I want to read records 500 to 900
33. Explain Reuse and upgrade
34. How do you read vsam file?
35. How can we over come the same situation when using flat file.
36. what r the compiler options we use?where the compiler option will
be?What is the need of compiler options?
37. Suppose there is cobol-db2 program.I made changes only in the cobol
program.Is there need recomile the DBRM again?why?
38. After bind i how can we run a cobol-db2 program?
39. By using any condition is there any way to abend a program.?If so
40. What is the diff bet plan,package,dbrm?
41. After retrieving the elements from production,how can do the testing
before moving the changes to production. Whether we have to create the
JCL for testing or it will automatically tested and compiled?
42. What is a packed decimal..?
DATASTAGE INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
1. How do you rename all of the jobs to support your new File-naming
2. Does the selection of 'Clear the table and Insert rows' in the ODBC stage
send a Truncate statement to the DB or does it do some kind of Delete
3. Tell me one situation from your last project, where you had faced
problem and How did u solve it?
4. The above might rise another question: Why do we have to load the
dimensional tables first, then fact tables:
5. How will you determine the sequence of jobs to load into data
6. What are the command line functions that import and export the DS
7. What is the utility you use to schedule the jobs on a UNIX server other
than using Ascential Director?
8. How would call an external Java function which are not supported by
9. What will you in a situation where somebody wants to send you a file
and use that file as an input or reference and then run job.
10. Read the String functions in DS
11. How did u connect with DB2 in your last project?
12. What are Sequencers?
13. How did you handle an 'Aborted' sequencer?
14. What are other Performance tunings you have done in your last project
to increase the performance of slowly running jobs?
15. How did you handle reject data?
16. If worked with DS6.0 and latest versions what are Link-Partitioner and
Link-Collector used for?
17. What are Routines and where/how are they written and have you
written any routines before?
18. What are OConv () and Iconv () functions and where are they used?
19. How did u connect to DB2 in your last project?
20. Do u know about METASTAGE?
21. Do you know about INTEGRITY/QUALITY stage?
22. Explain the differences between Oracle8i/9i?
23. How good are you with your PL/SQL?
24. Did you work in UNIX environment?
25. What other ETL's you have worked with?
26. What versions of DS you worked with?
27. What is DS Designer used for - did u use it?
28. What is DS Administrator used for - did u use it?
29. What is DS Director used for - did u use it?
30. What is DS Manager used for - did u use it?
31. What are Static Hash files and Dynamic Hash files?
32. What is Hash file stage and what is it used for?
33. Have you ever involved in updating the DS versions like DS 5.X, if so
tell us some the steps you have taken in doing so?
34. Did you Parameterize the job or hard-coded the values in the jobs?
35. How do you merge two files in DS?
.NET INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
1. Explain the differences between Server-side and Client-side code?
2. What type of code (server or client) is found in a Code-Behind class?
3. Should validation (did the user enter a real date) occur server-side or
4. What does the "EnableViewState" property do? Why would I want it on or
5. What is the difference between Servers? Transfer and Response.
Redirect? Why would I choose one over the other?
6.Can you give an example of when it would be appropriate to use a web
service as opposed to a non-serviced .NET component
7.Let's say I have an existing application written using Visual Studio 6 (VB
6, InterDev 6) and this application utilizes Windows 2000 COM+ transaction
services. How would you approach migrating this application to .NET
8.Can you explain the difference between an ADO.NET Dataset and an ADO
9. Can you give an example of what might be best suited to place in the
Application Start and Session Start subroutines?
10. If I'm developing an application that must accommodate multiple
security levels though secure login and my ASP.NET web application is
spanned across three web-servers (using round-robin load balancing) what
would be the best approach to maintain login-in state for the users?
JAVA INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
1) What is static variable.
2) What is transient variable?
3) What is final variable.
4) What is final method.
5) What is native method.
6) What is abstract method
7) what is innerclass.
8) What is static class?
9) What is final class.
10) What is anonymous class?
1) What is a transaction. (*)
2) What is the purpose of setAutoCommit(). (*)
3) What are the three statements in JDBC & differences between them. (*)
4) What is stored procedure. How do you create stored procedure? (*)
5) What are batch updates.
1)What is JSP. (*)
2)What are advantages of JSP.
3)What is the difference between include directive & jsp:include action. (*)
4)What are Custom tags. Why do you need Custom tags. How do you
create Custom tag. (*)
5)What are the implicit objects in JSP & differences between them. (*)
1)What are Servlets.
2)What are the advantages of Servlet.
3)What is the Life cycle of Servlet. (*)
4)What is the difference between Servlet and JSP. (*)
EJB:- (All questions are important)
1)What is the difference between normal Java object and EJB.
2)What is the difference between JavaBean and EJB.
3)What is EJB.
4)What is Session Bean. What are the various types of Session Bean.
1)What is the difference between SAX parser and DOM parser. (*)
2)What is the difference between Schema and DTD. (*)
3)How do you parse/validate the XML document. (*)
4)What is XML Namespace.
5)What is Xpath.
PEOPLESOFT INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
1)What is the APP engine event in peoplecode.
2)what are the different actions in APP ENGINE.
3)How many temp records are there in app engine.
4)How do you debug your AE.
5)Why temp records are needed?
6)Why state records are needed?
7)Differences between State and temp records.
8)Different ways to run AE, SQR.(Command, process scheduler)
7)Different sql statements and metasql statements.
8)How do you retrieve a value from scroll..scroll select?
9)What is scroll select, etc
10)what is record, row peoplecode.
1)What are copybooks(DB2)?
2)What is plan?
3)Tell me the sections in COBOL?
4)Connectivity to DB2 from COBOL.
5)What are the customizations in COBOL?
6)Diff between union and union all?
7)Give me example for group by.
8)What is SPUFI?
9)Replacement of query analyzer--- SPUFI(DB2)
1.Elementary search helps, Collective search help.
2.Difference between Search Helps and Match Codes
3.Have you created database tables?
4.Difference between client dependent and client independent tables?
5.How to create client independent tables
6.Have you created Maintenance dialog or Table Maintenance?
7.On ABAP: Did you set up a workflow? Are you familiar with all steps for
setting up a workflow?
8.Have you used performance tuning? What major steps will you use for
9.In the ‘select’ statement what is “group by”?
10.Have you worked with field groups? Have you used Import/Export
1.Fixed point arithmetic – what is the use? How to set this?
2.Have you used client dependent ABAP programs?
1.Select statement to read data into internal tables. Types of Select
2.What happens “Update” command is used without where clause ?
3.Difference between “Insert”, “Update” and “Modify”
4.Explain “Commit” and “Roll back”
6.What is “Group by” in Select statement?
1.What automating testing tools are you familiar with?
2.How did you use automating testing tools in your job?
3.Describe some problem that you had with automating testing tool.
4.How do you plan test automation?
5.Can test automation improve test effectiveness?
6.What is data - driven automation?
7.What are the main attributes of test automation?
8.Does automation replace manual testing?
9.How will you choose a tool for test automation?
10.How you will evaluate the tool for test automation?
1.What criteria would you use to select Web transactions for load testing?
2.For what purpose are virtual users created?
3.Why it is recommended to add verification checks to your all your
4.In what situation would you want to parameterize a text verification
5.Why do you need to parameterize fields in your virtual user script?
1.What types of documents would you need for QA, QC, and Testing?
2.What did you include in a test plan?
3.Describe any bug you remember.
4.What is the purpose of the testing?
5.What do you like (not like) in this job?
6.What is quality assurance?
7.What is the difference between QA and testing?
8.How do you scope, organize, and execute a test project?
9.What is the role of QA in a development project?
10.What is the role of QA in a company that produces software?
C C PLUS PLUS INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
1. What is the output of printf("%d")
2. Difference between "C structure" and "C++ structure".
3. Difference between a "assignment operator" and a "copy
4. What is the difference between "overloading" and "overriding"?
5. Explain the need for "Virtual Destructor".
6. Can we have "Virtual Constructors"?
7. What are the different types of polymorphism?
8. What are Virtual Functions? How to implement virtual functions in
9. What are the different types of Storage classes?
10. What is Namespace?
VISUAL BASIC INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
1. 3 main differences between flexgrid control and dbgrid control
2. ActiveX and Types of ActiveX Components in VB
3. Advantage of ActiveX Dll over Active Exe
4. Advantages of disconnected recordsets
5. Benefit of wrapping database calls into MTS transactions
6. Benefits of using MTS
7. Can database schema be changed with DAO, RDO or ADO?
8. Can you create a tabletype of recordset in Jet - connected ODBC
9. Constructors and distructors
10. Controls which do not have events
1.What are primary keys and foreign keys?
2.What is the difference between clustered and non-clustered indices?
...and why do you use a clustered index?
3.What is an outer join?
4.What are Cartesian joins?
5.How is referential integrity enforced in a SQL Server database?
6.What are the inserted and deleted tables and what are they used for?
7.What is the name of the SQL language used in SQL Server stored
8.What is the purpose of having stored procedures in a database?
9.Why might you create a stored procedure with the 'with recompile'
10.What is a cursor? Within a cursor, how would you update fields on the
row just fetched?
SQL, ORACLE, PRO*C/C++
1.What are the different types of joins?
2.Explain normalization with examples.
3.What cursor type do you use to retrieve multiple recordsets?
4.Difference between a "where" clause and a "having" clause
5.What is the difference between "procedure" and "function"?
6.How will you copy the structure of a table without copying the data?
7.How to find out the database name from SQL*PLUS command prompt?
8.Talk about "Exception Handling" in PL/SQL?
9.What is the difference between "NULL in C" and "NULL in Oracle?"
10.What is Pro*C? What is OCI?
ORACLE CONCEPTS AND ARCHITECTURE DATABASE STRUCTURES
1.What are the components of physical database structure of Oracle
2.What are the components of logical database structure of Oracle
3.What is a tablespace?
4.What is SYSTEM tablespace and when is it created?
5.Explain the relationship among database, tablespace and data file.
6.What is schema?
7.What are Schema Objects?
8.Can objects of the same schema reside in different tablespaces?
9.Can a tablespace hold objects from different schemes?
10.What is Oracle table?
SIEBEL INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
1.How do you control visibility in Siebel?
2.What is the difference between an organization and division in Siebel?
3.What does position represents in Siebel?
4.How do you assign responsibilities to employees in Siebel?
5.How do you set up employees in Siebel?
6.What happens if you create an employee in Siebel application and forget
to create the employee in the database?
7.Why do you need to create employees at the database in Siebel?
8.What is position type field in position applet?
9.What does an opportunity, account contact do in Siebel?
10.How is the opportunity related to an account?
DATAWARE HOUSING INTERVIEW QUESTIONS(ETL, BUSINESS
1. What is a data-warehouse?
2. What are Data Marts?
4. What is ER Diagram?
5. What is a Star Schema?
6. What is Dimensional Modelling?
7. What is Snow Flake Schema?
1. What is a staging area? Do we need it? What is the purpose of a staging
2. What is a three tier data warehouse?
3. What are the various methods of getting incremental records or delta
records from the source systems?
1. What is Business Intelligence?
2. What is OLAP?
3. What is OLAP, MOLAP, ROLAP, DOLAP, HOLAP? Examples?
1.What is the function you would use to transfer a string into a decimal?
2.How many parallelisms are in Abinitio? Please give a definition of each.
3.What is the difference between a DB config and a CFG file?
Monday, June 29, 2009
HR Questions (Most commonly asked Interview Questions)